Public Policy Manager, Data Policy
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
About The RoleWe are seeking a policy expert to help develop and craft Uber’s public policy strategy for privacy, data sharing and cybersecurity. In this role, you will connect and communicate the ways in which Uber collects, uses, and protects data with key public audiences, including policymakers, regulators, researchers, and consumer advocates worldwide. You’ll also be a thought partner for Uber’s Legal, Communications, Public Safety and Operational teams, helping drive consistency and thought leadership in our approach to data sharing and transparency.You will track regulatory developments, trends and best practices around data sharing, working closely with local teams to respond and implement policy strategies, from submitting a persuasive position on a critical issue to convening experts to discuss key developments in data sharing, security, and broader data policy issues. You will possess outstanding abilities in driving internal alignment, balancing priorities, and consistently advocating for solutions that empower our users. Responsibilities
- Track and develop regulatory strategies in response to laws around the world related to data sharing, data access and privacy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional, global teams to develop and communicate Uber’s positions on data protection and access in regulatory submissions, meetings, and other external-facing engagements.
- Partner closely with our internal business teams to guide Uber’s positions on privacy-forward products and policies.
- Help craftUber’s policies on government access to data, including the annual publication of our Government Transparency Report, and work with experts and industry peers to promote the responsible sharing of mobility data.
- Represent Uber on issues of security, privacy, and data policy at public events and conferences. Facilitate events, roundtables, or research stimulating expert-level discussions that drive meaningful progress in these areas.
- 7+ years working directly or advising on privacy, security, or technology policy issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced degree (e.g., JD, MPP, MBA) preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of privacy, legislative and policy frameworks and in-house experience applying this knowledge with corporate policy, compliance, and legal teams.
- Outstanding ability to scope, design, prioritize, and implement cross-functional projects.
- Experience partnering with senior leaders and executives on high-impact projects and balancing multiple business and/or policy priorities.
- Ability to distill sophisticated, technical challenges and product issues into persuasive resources both internally and externally.
- A self starter who is highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?