Principal Machine Learning Engineer - Pricing and Incentives
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
About The RoleThe role would require working with multiple teams on pricing and incentives modeling, algorithms, and building production systems. The teams deliver tremendous business impact globally and drive some of the key innovations in the company. About The TeamThe Pricing and Incentives is responsible for tech (platforms, algorithms, data, product engineering) that drives all financial decisions for Rides and Eats including capital allocation flows, promotions, and real-time dynamic pricing for two side, and three sided Uber Marketplaces. Minimum Qualifications
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field AND 4 years full-time Software Engineering work experience
- OR 10 years full-time Software Engineering work experience, WHICH INCLUDES 4 years total technical software engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, Python, or Go)
- Experience in managing dependencies in data science packages.
- Experience in high-performance computing.
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration and leadership
- Experience working across machine learning and optimization
- Knowledge/experience in A/B testing, economic modeling
- Experience in building and managing distributed systems and high-throughput services
- Systematic problem-solving approach and knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis.
- Experienced production user of Deep Learning frameworks such as Apache SparkML, XGBoost, Ray, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?