Senior Account Executive, New Verticals Japan
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2023
#GreatMindsDon’tThinkAlike - At Uber, we take pride in our diversity and working environment that sees you as more than just a person that can do the job, but a unique individual that can level up our organization with a perspective only you can offer. Uber provides a truly open culture that encourages all to voice their thoughts. About The TeamSince launching in Japan in 2016, Uber Eats has become deeply rooted in the local food culture, both shaping and celebrating it, and helping small and large businesses connect with customers 2022 brings a new chapter of the Delivery story, our vision is to 'deliver anything, to anyone, at anytime' and our goal is to make Uber a daily essential in people's life.#GoGetIt UberEats has been a market leader in Online Food Delivery for the past 5 years, and today, we live in a world where consumers expect an on demand service across more than just food delivery. At Uber, we take pride in our ability to shape our business to not only meet consumer expectations, but to enhance their lived experiences through our platform’s capabilities. We have brought this mindset to our efforts in the delivery of grocery, alcohol, convenience and more under the umbrella term, ‘New Verticals’.This also includes partnering with e-commerce businesses in their last mile delivery, via the Uber Direct product. The New Verticals Team has the exciting task of growing the new retail segments to be our next $10B business, helping merchants through the digitalisation of their industry, and consulting with them on how to embrace digital transformation, and maximise it for their business. About The RoleThe Account Executive is a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate your sales skills and abilities in order to expand the number of merchants that work with Uber Eats! The primary focus will be acquiring enterprise merchants belonging to the Grocery, Pharma, Liquor, and CVS categories. You will be responsible for driving rapid expansion of new merchants, leveraging all your experience, imagination, and unconventional thinking. Your Impact
- Leverage prospecting skills and relationships to build partnerships with merchants in your assigned list.
- Lead contract negotiations aimed at establishing the foundation of a strong working relationship with our merchants, including sustainable economics for both parties.
- Clearly communicate the value of Uber and its newest products to prospects
- Achieve and consistently exceed your targets.
- Partner with our Operations and Account Managers to smoothly activate the best merchants.
- Help us identify and build best practices for the New Verticals business.
- Act as an ambassador of Uber Eats' mission, brand, and product
- Significant experience in acquisition sales, negotiation, pipeline building, or other relevant sales exp.
- Fluency in Japanese & Ability to read and write in English.
- Strong aptitude with numbers. Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Track record of delivering against strategic targets
- Ideally, experience with Enterprise clients in the retail industry, or with E-commerce business.
- You will receive monthly Uber credits to use against the full value of Eats, Rides and Grocery (anything you can order in app) plus a 17% discount (which exists even when your credits expire).
- Family comes first, and our paid parental leave (18 weeks full pay) is accessible for all new parents from day 1 (with no tenure requirement). New parents at Uber will also receive access to Cleo, flexible return to work options, and additional Uber credits during their period of leave (because let's face it, who wants to cook with a little one around?)
- Reset, Refresh and Recharge: we have a generous unlimited paid leave policy, providing paid leave in addition to the statutory annual leave (excluding certain roles in the CommOps org).
- Personal health and wellbeing - depending on location, you can access a healthcare plan or reimbursement for a plan of your choice up to a nominated value. You will also receive a monthly wellbeing allowance to use throughout the year across a range of items including; gym / fitness memberships, mindfulness apps, fitness equipment, ski passes and more. We also provide Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) that connect you to resources & support.
- Uber has always been a flexible organization and COVID has only amplified this. Our global policy is 50% of time in office, we provide the opportunity to work for one month a year in another Uber location and employees can apply to be fully remote if you think that’s best for you. These opportunities are tailored to specific individuals, roles and teams.
- When you are in the office, we have an amazing range of facilities accessible for all Uber employees. Our dedicated facilities teams host regular events and opportunities to connect, as well as arranging the food program; catered lunch / breakfast (location dependant) and you’ll find our kitchens fully stocked with a variety of healthy (& not so healthy) snacks & drinks.
- Based on the combination of business needs and personal interest, we provide language learning support so you can improve your English or Japanese, through our carefully vetted vendor partner. This will include both 1:1 private coaching lessons, group learning sessions, as well as online learning.
See more open positions at Uber
Something looks off?