Staff Thermal Engineer
A new space race has begun. True Anomaly seeks those with the talent and ambition to build innovative technology that solves the next generation of engineering, manufacturing, and operational challenges for space security and sustainability.
The peaceful use of space is essential for continued prosperity on Earth—from communications and finance to navigation and logistics. True Anomaly builds innovative technology at the intersection of spacecraft, software, and AI to enhance the capabilities of the U.S., its allies, and commercial partners. We safeguard global security by ensuring space access and sustainability for all.
- Be the offset. We create asymmetric advantages with creativity and ingenuity
- What would it take? We challenge assumptions to deliver ambitious results
- It’s the people. Our team is our competitive advantage and we are better together
True Anomaly is looking for a creative thermal engineer to develop new spacecraft. In this role you will be work with a multi-disciplinary product team to rapidly develop and produce new space systems
- Work with a product focused team including mechanical, electrical, software, and automation engineers to rapidly develop revolutionary thermal
- Perform integrated thermal analysis to determine heater/radiator sizing and external coatings required to maintain all elements of the SV in thermal limits.
- Perform thermal detailed analysis over variety of design reference missions (DRM’s)
- Design and help develop detail piece part and assembly drawings for heaters, MLI, and other thermal control components.
- Assist with electronic thermal predictions and board level analysis
- Coordinate thermal interfaces between subsystems
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with training in analysis of structures and fluids
- 7+ years of professional experience in space thermal analysis and control
- Demonstrated excellence in thermal vacuum testing, analysis and model correlation
- Thermal experience with spacecraft subcomponents such as optical payloads, mechanisms, structures, etc.
- Proficiency in tools such as Thermal Desktop and Solidworks
- Passion for the space industry
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with little input on requirements or management oversight
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in aerospace
- 10+ years’ experience in development and production of space thermal systems
- Base Salary: $140,000 - $160,000
- Equity + Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA/HSA options, PTO and paid holidays, 401K, Parental Leave
- Ability to maintain or obtain TS//SCI clearance
- Work Location: this role will be fully onsite at our GravityWorks factory in Centennial, CO
- Work environment is in a standard office, working at a desk or in a production factory.
- Physical demands may include frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending, and lifting or carrying items up to 20lbs.
This position will be open until it is successfully filled. To submit your application, please follow the directions below.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
We value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. True Anomaly is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.