Staff Data Engineer, Enterprise Insights - Slack
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
About the team
Slack is looking for data engineers to join our Insights team! We build data products that are used across our large enterprise customers to access metrics that are critical to their workflow.
In this role, you will partner cross-functionally with business domain partners, analytics, and engineering to craft and implement our data model. You will design, build and scale data pipelines that transform billions of records into measurable data that enable insights.
You will work on initiatives that directly key decision makers within our Enterprise customer base by building and scaling our data models that provide key adoption and engagement metrics.
We are looking for passionate individuals with deep technical skills that are comfortable contributing to an up-and-coming data ecosystem, and can build a strong data foundation for the company. We are also in search of a self-starter, detail and quality oriented, and hardworking individual that's interested in making a huge impact at Slack!
What you will be doing:
- Translate business requirements into data models that are easy to understand and used by different subject areas
- Design, implement and build data models and pipelines that deliver data with measurable quality under the SLA
- Partner with product teams, data analysts and engineering teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, and aligned with business strategy
- Be a champion of the overall strategy for data across multiple teams and different use cases
- Increase access to foundational company metrics through process and technical foundations
- Identify, document and promote data engineering standard methodologies throughout Slack
What you should have:
- 7+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, master data management, metadata management
- Recent accomplishments working with relational methods and approaches (logging, columnar, star and snowflake, dimensional modeling)
- A consistent track record in scaling and optimizing schemas, performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines in OLAP and Data Warehouse environments
- Airflow or any workflow management platform for data engineering pipelines orchestration.
- Proficiency in coding through the use of with Python and SQL
- Familiar with data governance frameworks, SDLC, and Agile methodology
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to efficiently collaborate with technical and business partners
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Hands-on experience with Spark SQL, AWS (S3, EMR), Apache Pinot, Big Data & Hadoop.
- Proficient in coding through the use of Scala
- Experience working with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of NoSQL Data Stores
- Experience around Batch & Real-time processing
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175,600 to $254,700.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $175,600 to $254,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.