Lead Product Designer, A11y - Slack
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryUser Experience
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We’re hiring a Principal Product Designer to help lead Slack’s industry-defining approach to building accessible software.
As Slack innovates, we need a designer versed in principles of inclusive design to help create new features across the entire product. You’ll work across teams and platforms to define and evolve interaction patterns across all of Slack — with a focus on outstanding experiences for users with disabilities.
As a Principal Designer, you’ll set the bar for design quality, and set the tone for work by being humble and collaborative. At Slack, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture — we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better everyday!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with design, product, and engineering teams throughout the company to design features accessible to users of assistive technology like screen readers, voice control, magnification — and users with cognitive disabilities.
- Execute and drive unique accessibility features across desktop and mobile teams.
- Bring creativity, flexibility, and openness to the task of supporting novel solutions to the hardest software accessibility challenges.
- Work with accessibility leads to identify important areas of work, and leads swarms with designers and engineers to bring new patterns to life.
- Bring an extremely high bar to visual, content, and experiential execution.
- Use acute detail orientation to proactively ensure perfection across designs, templates, and production builds. If something is not right, you’ll make noise and follow up until it is.
- Lead intake and triage of inbound systems questions and requests from designers.
- Contribute to documentation.
What you should have:
- At least 5 years’ experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team with substantial experience designing apps for Mac, Windows, iOS and Android.
- Experience designing for screen readers and voice control.
- Experience working with busy product managers and engineering teams to build software with gleaming levels of perfection.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive to learn from and collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $188,200 to $258,700.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.