Senior Advanced Fraud Specialist
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
About the team + role
The Senior Advanced Fraud Specialist is responsible for conducting investigations related to high-risk activity with possible large losses, with the opportunity to demonstrate proficiency in different money rails such as ACH (Automated Clearing House), RTP (Real-Time Payments), RFP (Request For Payment), DCF (Debit Card Funding), etc.
This role requires high attention to detail and will be building out the processes vital to reduce fraud losses! You will work with a highly skilled team of Advanced Fraud Investigators.
The role is located in the office location(s) listed on this job description which will align with our in-office working environment. Please connect with your recruiter for more information regarding our in-office philosophy and expectations.
What you’ll do
- Build out processes aimed at recovering and returning funds and assist in recovery after fraud events.
- Conducting external outreach with partners such as Banks, Brokerages, Crypto exchanges and more!
- Establishing and fostering a network of financial institutions
- Collaborating with internal partners such as balance recovery, legal, fraud operations, and treasury.
- Conducting investigations aimed at understanding exactly how we lost money and how to prevent loss it in the future
- Communicating with Senior Leadership to guide overall fraud strategy
- Identifying and analyzing new fraud patterns and trends and reviewing sophisticated networks of fraudulent activity.
- Assisting in reducing fraud losses across the company.
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or other related field
- 3-5+ years experience in Fraud investigations targeting money movement, Balance Recovery, Treasury, or related fields.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, including investigative, product, legal, compliance and engineering teams
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication, analytical skills, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense of humor
- Ability to verbalize complex fraud issues for a variety of audiences
- Certifications such as AAP, APRP, CFE, CAMs, CFCS, etc.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with financial services
- Prior experience in Tech
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $128000 - $150000
US Zone 2: $112000 - $132000
US Zone 3: $99000 - $117000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C.
US Zone 2: Denver, CO; Westlake (Dallas), TX; Chicago, IL
US Zone 3: Lake Mary, FL
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.