Staff Security Engineer, Detection and Response
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team + role:
At Robinhood, our Detection and Response Team stands at the forefront of our commitment to 'Safety First'. The team is dedicated to crafting and managing services that prioritize our customers' security and privacy. Our team specializes in detection engineering, automation, and incident response. Our mission? To promptly identify and evaluate threats, delve deep into data analytics, and counteract malicious activities.
We want to talk to you if you're interested in being part of an impactful and inclusive team built on teamwork that encourages your diverse ideas and perspectives.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Technical Leadership: Act as a technical lead, spearheading the evolution of our detection and response program by collaborating across various security domains.
- Automation: Streamline manual response workflows to minimize engineering overhead and enhance our response agility.
- Threat Detection: Design sophisticated detections to pinpoint potential security threats, drawing on insights into attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Incident Management: Serve as the primary incident commander, directing incident analysis and articulating potential risks and remediation strategies.
- Collaborative Exercises: Partner with our Threat Intelligence and Offensive Security teams to orchestrate purple team drills, identifying and addressing our security vulnerabilities.
What you bring:
- 8+ years in security operations, threat detection, incident response, or related security fields.
- Proven track record of leading or being a pivotal member of a security team, including mentoring those around you.
- Exceptional communication skills, adept at breaking down intricate technical concepts for diverse audiences.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with a keen eye for objectively evaluating security risks.
- Familiarity with AWS, Kubernetes, and/or other cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Proficiency in crafting detections from a diverse set of log sources.
- Comfortable using scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell, or equivalents.
What we offer:
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $217000 - $255000
US Zone 2: $190000 - $224000
US Zone 3: $169000 - $199000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.