Technical Data Governance Lead
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
Data Governance Lead
Data Governance at Robinhood….
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a data governance professional who is passionate about data safety, security and governance to become a member of the Safety and Productivity team.
This role will work with teams across Robinhood to ensure our products and services protect user and business data by designing architectures, tools, and features that make Robinhood’s data collection, storage and use safe and secure throughout the data lifecycle.
You will be the technical advocate for data governance decisions, designs, and discussions. You will not only lead the development of industry-vetted data governance solutions but drive innovative ideas to implementation as the company evolves and grows.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Discover and document the ways that data is collected, processed and stored across our products and infrastructure to ensure our data collection and usage practices are aligned to industry best practices
- Lead and manage development of new data governance features, tools, and scalable solutions
- Embed with engineering and product teams during development to ensure our data collection, cataloging and usage practices adhere to internal policies and mitigate risk
- Conduct technical, product, and policy reviews for new products and features and identify concerns and mitigations
- Partner with technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Compliance, and Legal
- Advocate for data safety, protection and security solutions and identify innovative opportunities to advance our posture
- Communicate and evangelize our tools and solutions both internally and externally
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of work experience in software engineering or security engineering
- Code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Experience in data security and governance with one or more of the following privacy principles or technologies: data discovery, tagging, classification, inventory, encryption, anonymization and pseudonymization
- Experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.