Anaplan Applications Engineer
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the Team + Role:
What You'll Do:
- Review & support the Anaplan Workspace usage and configuration changes
- Work closely to partner and build relationships with leadership across F&S, finance, engineering, and TAFR, as well as vendors and external partners
- Operate cross-functionally with some ambiguity, and provide expertise to FP&A team on best practices for modeling and reporting
- Escalation on JIRA tickets for Access, Enhancements, and Integration failures
- Translate existing solutions, spreadsheets, and business problems into Anaplan multi-dimensional models
- Design Anaplan integrations with Oracle Fusion Cloud Financial Services, Oracle FCCS and Workday
- Work closely together with teams and share expertise to ensure product success
- Enhance skills beyond own core functional focus and work on other tasks for the benefit of the team
- Produces, maintains and conducts test plans for user acceptance testing for new functionality and defect resolution; regression testing and testing of fixes to defects in releases.
- Assessing business requirements, evaluating possible solutions and then implementing and/or recommending solutions
- Performing Proof of Concept exercises to test and evaluate competing design ideas and demonstrate functionality to business partners
- Creating and maintaining standards, procedures, and documentation related to areas of responsibility. May participate in system audits and perform testing for disaster recovery or SOX controls, ensuring a secure processing environment that protects the integrity and availability of information
- Partner with F&S to identify process improvements and coordinate with teams to identify MVP product for each phases
- Establish operating model/ownership of Anaplan activities to maintain the application and product engagement
- Participate in SOX discussions to make Anaplan a compliant financial reporting tool
- Participate in requirement gathering and user story development
- Participate in data integration and migration solutions
- Participate and/or lead UAT testing and deployment
- Create UAT test cases, scripts and Traceability Matrix
- Manage delivery of scope and deliverables across IT and F&S Team
- Triage issue log of PROD reported issues and assign work accordingly
- Weekly communication of project status across tracks
- Knowledge share and train partner organizations on best practices for feature usage
- 3+ year or more experience of successfully implementing Anaplan solutions
- Advanced Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and financial modeling skills
- Core FP&A business process knowledge
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies and touch any system to accomplish your goals
- Extremely data-driven. You instrument and analyze everything about your systems
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills
- Finance, MIS background or any other relevant fields of study
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Knowledge of Oracle Cloud EPM (FCC), Leases, GL, AP, or AR
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (SQL, Looker, etc)
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence, ServiceNow, Coupa and Workday financials
- Prior experience working with a fintech or start-up is a plus
What We Offer:
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.