Senior Oracle Applications Engineer
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
Robinhood is looking for a Oracle Financial Applications Engineer in the enterprise application space to join our Corporate Engineering team. As a member of the team, you’ll be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining company SaaS applications and tools. This includes partnering with multi-functional teams (HR, Finance, Security, Legal, Procurement, Tax etc) to assist with any and all application integrations. You will work to ensure that the enterprise SaaS technology architecture and governance are aligned to strategic business initiatives, company goals, and the mission to democratize finance for all. This role is a great opportunity to join the team as a founding member and help build out the enterprise applications function at Robinhood.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partnering with Finance and Accounting to transform business and automate processes to improve month-end close cycle times.
- Assessing business requirements, evaluating possible solutions and then implementing and/or recommending solutions
- Working closely with multi-functional teams such as finance, customer experience, engineering, procurement, tax and legal, as well as vendors and external partners
- Performing Proof of Concept exercises to test and evaluate competing design ideas and demonstrate functionality to business partners
- Implementing SaaS system changes and administering access to systems and information within approved IT security policies, guidelines, and standards
- Creating and maintaining standards, procedures, and documentation related to areas of responsibility. May participate in system audits and perform testing for disaster recovery or SOX controls, ensuring a secure processing environment that protects the integrity and availability of information
- Creating sandbox/test environments for evaluation and testing of new technologies
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated ability with Oracle Fusion Financial Cloud Services
- 2 full life-cycle Oracle Fusion Cloud Financials Implementations
- Strong background in P2P (Procure to Pay) and R2R (Record to Report)
- Modules - GL, AP, AR, FA, Cash Management and FCCS
- Experience in designing the oracle financials and consolidation solutions and reporting in fast-paced, high-volume environments
- Strong conceptual understanding of Accounting Hub Cloud Services (AHCS), or Fusion Accounting Hub (FAH)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both engineering and non-engineering audiences with customer focus and problem solving approach.
- 5+ years in the IT space with 3+ years of proven experience in design, development, implementation, and support of enterprise SaaS applications.
- Strong working knowledge of compliance regulations and its implementation in the IT/SaaS applications space.
- Drive to achieve the highest standards of service, implementation excellence and on-time delivery.
- Proven experience with managing cloud applications and platforms.
- Ability to find out-of-box solutions to best fit Robinhood’s needs.
- Self-starter with the ability to overcome all obstacles and challenges with little to no supervision
- A focus in developing automated business systems
- Oracle Fusion Cloud Certification in Finance modules
- Experience using Anaplan or similar planning, budgeting, and forecasting software
- Experience with programming/scripting languages (SQL, Python, Go, etc)
- Prior experience working with a fintech company
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $162000 - $190000
US Zone 2: $142000 - $167000
US Zone 3: $111000 - $130000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.