Consumer Communications Manager
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the role:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in New York, NY or Menlo Park, CA with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
Robinhood is hiring a Product Communications Manager who will be responsible for delivering exceptional media and consumer results focused on our technology, services, and products. You'll help us share stories about our core products and technology across Robinhood to consumer-focused publications and media outlets, including broadcast TV. You’ll be adept at bringing colleagues together across product, marketing, and brand to capture the imagination of customers and drive brand awareness and participation. You'll explore innovative ways to tell our story through consumer press, finding new ways to reach people and to help them see themselves as investors. This role reports to our Director of Communications.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
Join the team responsible for driving conversations with media and amplifying the Robinhood narrative through products and services. You will:
- Drive consumer communications around Robinhood products and technology.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and lead consumer PR strategies that amplify integrated campaigns with Product Marketing, Brand and other teams
- Develop and execute PR strategies for product launches and updates that reach a consumer audience, supporting the broader product communications strategy.
- Manage proactive news engine across consumer print, web and broadcast outlets and reactive inbound media inquiries
- Coordinate press briefings, media tours and events, and create press materials including blog posts, media pitches, FAQs and fact sheets
- Work closely with Compliance and Legal regarding all aspects of your role
- 5+ years of experience in fields related to public relations, communications, and journalism
- A track record of launching products and identifying evergreen/feature stories that resonate with consumer audiences
- Strong relationships with consumer publications, broadcast outlets and culturally relevant media organizations
- Expertise in boiling down complex topics in an easy-to-understand way
- Deep experience working cross-functionally and influencing internal stakeholders; communicating up, down and across the organization on media strategy; and managing multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Excellent writing and media relations skills
- Proven ability to reach Gen Z and Millennial audiences
- Experience leading campaigns and product launches globally
- Have a strong pulse on culturally relevant trends
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.