Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the Role:
Robinhood is looking for an Operations Lead to help build up our Operations team in London, United Kingdom (UK). We are looking for an Operations professional with experience in securities and brokerage as well as regulatory compliance related topics and who is excited to work at the intersection of regulation, technology, and finance.
We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience.
We’re thrilled to be expanding internationally this year as Robinhood is hiring world-class talent in the UK. Our team of Hoodies in the UK will enable Robinhood to continue creating great financial products on our journey towards democratising finance for all.
As we transform the future of finance, we invite you to help us define our place in a global conversation.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Support the launch, improvement, and scaling of Robinhood operations, products, tools, and systems in the UK
- Partner with Robinhood teams in the United States (US), supporting the UK business, such as Brokerage Operations, Compliance, Risk, Customer Experience (CX), Finance, Product, Engineering and Vendor Management
- Be the point of contact and oversee day-to-day supervision of the operations and 1st line risk activities for the UK team
- Oversee and monitor the performance of operational business partners within the group in line with the intercompany agreements and SLAs
- Continuous process efficiency improvement - help your team identify & manage initiatives to improve operational processes and reduce operational risk
- Continuously enhancing quality assurance and oversight of operational controls to ensure program efficiency and effectiveness and increase quality and scalability
- Partner with the MLRO, CCO and Risk & Compliance team (2nd line) to help review, implement and operate the required frameworks and controls to support regulatory requirements.
- Identify operational risks and participate in risk assessments and create mitigating controls with the relevant US product, compliance and operational colleagues
- Responsible for creating and maintaining operational Standard Operating Procedures and processes.
- Command deep knowledge of operational processes and standards.
- Coordinate and supervise 1st line risk management and operational activities
- Foster a culture of professionalism, high ethical standards, personal development, and regulatory compliance and promoting the core values and risk culture.
- Help drive OKRs
- Track changes to regulations and best practices regarding investment operations.
- Based in the United Kingdom
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of operational experience specialising in financial services
- Thorough knowledge of topics such as: middle and back office brokerage / trading operations, customer support, operational risk management, governance and risk & control frameworks
- Experience working across large projects with multiple work streams and coordinating cross functional teams
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in applying data analysis to solve business problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative mindset
- Open minded, curious, knowledgeable, proactive and not being afraid of asking for help and offering help
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and coordinate across multiple functional groups
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- Passionate about financial services and fintech
- Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment certifications
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.