Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team:
Robinhood's network engineering team is in search of a hardworking and proficient Network Engineer with extensive experience to become a valuable member of the team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of IP networking and be able to architect, implement, and maintain diverse network infrastructure. Additionally, the candidate will also have experience with network automation tools and programming languages such as Python, Ansible, and Terraform.
You will be working within a team of engineers and architects responsible for automation, monitoring, network deployments, AWS service management, and production peering support. You will be working closely with teams such as security, corporate engineering, business automation and third party partners to ensure a secure and reliable access to internal/external resources and services.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design, develop, and maintain automated network solutions
- Working in our cloud environment designing and maintaining end to end connectivity using Terraform
- Fix and resolve complex network issues in a timely manner
- Monitor network performance and proactively identify potential issues and participate in on-call rotation.
- Develop and maintain network documentation and diagrams
- Stay up to date with industry trends and standard methodologies for network engineering
- Design and maintain automation scripts for the purpose of network device management.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure effective network operations
- 5+ years of experience in network engineering or a related field
- Experience with routing and switching protocols including OSPF, BGP, MPLS, VLAN, and VPN
- Solid understanding of network security and standard methodologies.
- Experience with automation and scripting tools such as Ansible, Python, Terraform
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with excellent communication and partnership skills
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and automation solutions such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
Core Tech Stack:
- AWS Networking (Transit Gateway, SGs)
- Infrastructure Security (Multi Factor Authentication, Access control Lists/Security Gateways, ZeroTrust)
- External & Internal Monitoring (SNMP, Netflow, Looking Glass)
- Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Network hardware (Juniper, Mist, Arista, PAN, Cisco, Zscaler)
- Network architecture and design
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible)
What We Offer:
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $132000 - $155000
US Zone 2: $116000 - $136000
US Zone 3: $103000 - $121000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.