Security Software Engineer, Cryptography Services
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
This role will ideally be seated in Menlo Park, CA, Seattle, WA, or New York, NY.
The Cryptography Services Team at Robinhood exemplifies our Safety First value by building and operating services that protect our most critical data via encryption, signing and other cryptographic techniques. We operate Tier-0 services in production, as well as isolated high trust environments.
About the Role
As a Software Engineer on our Cryptography Services Team, you will be leading, building and owning our next generation cryptography platform. You will also gain an outstanding look into how the US financial system works on the inside and strengthen your financial and cryptography domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while service unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles in our fast growing company.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- You will design and build the next generation security services within our cryptography platform.
- You will own and work in a 24/7 on-call rotation for our core cryptographic services.
- You will partner with teams across Security & Privacy and Robinhood to address business and technical requirements by delivering secure solutions and features in accordance with our priorities and roadmap.
- You will write high quality and well tested, secure code to ship to our customers.
- You will create and implement strategies to continually improve the security posture of Robinhood's cryptographic systems and the critical data they protect.
- You have 3+ years' experience in software engineering.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You are able to take on sophisticated engineering problems that deliver results which help the team to achieve its objectives.
- You have experience designing and implementing cryptographic services
- Experience working in financial or other regulated environments
- Strong understanding of cryptographic primitives, symmetric ciphers, encryption, secure hash functions or cryptoanalysis.
- You are comfortable programming in Python, Golang and building in AWS
Technologies we use:
- Software development languages and frameworks like Python and Go
- Container orchestration and stream processing solutions like Kubernetes and Kafka
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $157000 - $185000
US Zone 2: $139000 - $163000
US Zone 3: $122000 - $144000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?