Senior Network Automation Engineer
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Seattle, Washington, or New York City, New York, or, Menlo Park, California, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
The network engineering team at Robinhood is seeking a highly skilled Network Automation Engineer to join our dedicated team. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining automated, highly available cloud based network solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience with network automation tools and programming languages such as Python, Ansible, and Terraform.
You will be working within a team of engineers and architects responsible for automation, monitoring, network deployments, AWS service management, and production peering support. You will be working closely with teams such as security, corporate engineering, business automation and third party partners to ensure a secure and reliable access to internal/external resources and services.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design, develop, and maintain automated network solutions
- Working in our cloud environment crafting and maintaining end to end connectivity using Terraform
- Build network automation scripts using Python, Ansible, Salt Stack and other automation tools
- Investigate and find ways to automate existing manual processes to reduce manual-hours works and human-errors
- Monitoring our systems, responding to outages and issues in a weekly on call rotation
- Configure and manage network automation tools and platforms
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to implement automated solutions
- Take on and resolve network issues and possibly automate the resolution methodology without supervision
- Stay up-to-date with emerging network automation technologies
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and automation tools such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years of experience in network engineering or a related field
- Experience with network automation tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Proficient in Python and other programming languages
- In-depth knowledge of network topologies and protocols like BGP, OSPF, Spanning-tree, remote access technologies, Wifi etc
- Strong problem-solving and fixing skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Technologies we use:
- AWS Networking (Transit Gateway, SGs)
- Infrastructure Security (Multi Factor Authentication, Access control Lists/Security Gateways, ZeroTrust)
- External & Internal Monitoring (SNMP, Netflow, Looking Glass)
- Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP etc)
- Network hardware (Juniper, Mist, Arista, PAN, Cisco, Zscaler)
- Network architecture and design
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Ansible)
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $153000 - $180000
US Zone 2: $134000 - $158000
US Zone 3: $119000 - $140000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?