Senior Manager of Brokerage Risk Governance & Oversight
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Lake Mary, FL or Westlake, TX or Denver, CO or Chicago, IL with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
The Brokerage Risk Department administers and implements the brokerage risk management program, including overseeing, facilitating, and coordinating risk management activities for Robinhood's broker dealers; Robinhood Financial, LLC and Robinhood Securities, LLC. The Brokerage Risk Governance and Oversight team's focus is to document, maintain, and scale the risk management practices, conduct risk assessments, and curate risk committee materials. As Senior Manager, you will partner closely with brokerage leadership and cross-functional risk teams to refine risk management capabilities and play an influential role in proposing and implementing strategic risk initiatives. We're looking for a highly motivated, collaborative, and analytical self-starter to lead a team of risk professionals to derive actionable insights, guide risk-minded decision making, and support the growth of our broker dealers.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner and drive consensus with senior management and cross-functional risk owners to enhance and implement risk management practices to achieve the optimal balance of risk mitigation and operational efficiency
- Provide clear, concise, and comprehensive documentation of the Risk Management Program and related standards that creates clear value
- Oversee and facilitate risk assessments including RCSA's, new product reviews, and emerging risks
- Coordinate the aggregation of risk committee material and management reporting of risk information
- Provide objective oversight of the broker dealers' risk and control environment and ensure business partners perform accurate and timely risk management procedures
- Supervise, mentor, and develop your team offering strategic direction, forecasting plans, and oversight of work product
- Comfortable working closely with individuals at all levels within the company
- A great team leader, that inspires, mentors, and develops performant teams and cultivates conditions to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- 10+ years professional experience in financial services industry
- Extensive management experience (5+ years) leading risk professionals in enterprise, operational, technology, and/or financial risk management disciplines
- Comprehensive knowledge of broker dealer operations and regulatory requirements
- Excellent writer who can produce clear and concise documentation
- Advanced degree in finance, business, or quantitative field
- Professional Certification such as FRM, CFA, or other industry recognized certifications
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Series 7, 24, and 4 FINRA licenses
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $183000 - $215000
US Zone 2: $161000 - $189000
US Zone 3: $143000 - $168000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?