Senior QA Engineer, Say Technologies
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the Team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in New York City, NY or Menlo Park, CA, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
We’re excited to invite passionate and motivated QA Engineers to join Say Technologies to help us democratize the way investors think about stock ownership.
In August of 2021, Robinhood acquired Say - a mission-driven company that’s built a communication platform that makes it easier for investors to exercise their ownership rights.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative and growing team within Robinhood, have a huge impact on their growth, and serve public companies, broker-dealers, and everyday investors. Working on the Say team at Robinhood, you'll help us systematically understand how public companies and their shareholders can interact and bring investors closer to their investments. Our clients use Say to build deeper relationships with their investors, and the world’s fastest-growing brokers and investment platforms to make shareholder rights more accessible for their customers.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be working multi-functionally across Robinhood and Say and partner up with front-end and back-end engineers to deliver high-impact features.
Say is expanding its engineering team and looking for an experienced quality focused engineer to work closely with our product, development, and operations teams on our core product offerings. You’ll validate the quality of all of our web applications to ensure that our clients receive an amazing end-user experience.
What you'll do day to day:
- Build and execute test plans for new features and improve on existing test plans for feature updates and customer feedback
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Developers, and Customer Support on product development, readiness, and continuous improvement.
- Identify areas for automation and write automated tests to ensure repeatability, coverage, and reliability.
- 4+ years in quality engineering
- Excellent communication to provide thorough and timely feedback across teams
- Amazing attention to detail and voice of customer experience
- Experience with multiple testing types including smoke, functional, integration, and UAT
- A history of being a self-sufficient engineer able to solve complex QA tasks with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated continual ownership of projects
- Built and maintained robust automated testing frameworks (selenium, cypress, robot)
- Integrated test automation into delivery pipelines
- Excelled in a metrics-driven engineering culture
- Recommended and educated teams on new tools and technologies
- Remained current on software testing best practices and industry trends
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with Django and React application development
- Experience with integration testing in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Product intuition and customer empathy
- Determined to improve the app experience above and beyond what's outlined in the spec
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $153000 - $180000
US Zone 2: $134000 - $158000
US Zone 3: $119000 - $140000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?