Senior Manager of Accounts Payable
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Accounts Payable to join our growing team. This position will be hands-on, managing operations, developing team members, establishing new processes, and improving existing processes to drive efficiency. You will interact and coordinate with colleagues in Finance & Strategy, Tax and various other departments across the Company to ensure accurate and timely disbursement, proper accounting treatment and accurate financial results related to over $1B worth of payments. The Senior Manager, Accounts Payable will play a key leadership role in the Finance organization around process improvement, system implementations and optimizations, standardizing processes and mentoring the team.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hire, train, motivate and manage the entire accounts payable team to ensure timely and accurate processing of all accounts payable
- Own and manage payment operations. Additionally, oversee and drive projects such as system implementation, international expansion and continuous process improvement;
- Oversee the monthly / quarterly book close process in accounts payable areas, which includes review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations and analysis;
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis;
- Automate processes, streamline, and add transparency to Accounts Payable processes;
- Support internal / external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility;
- Review financial statement analysis and ensure meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions;
- Interface with the Accounting, Procurement, Treasury, and Legal teams on various initiatives;
- Use your leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity to manage initiatives and projects , as well as to develop and motivate staff
- Operate SOX controls, document internal control procedures, identify inefficiencies/gaps and implement process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of total experience with escalating levels of responsibility, including people management
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with system implementations
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $162000 - $190000
US Zone 2: $142000 - $167000
US Zone 3: $126000 - $148000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?