Senior Corporate Accountant
Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
This role is eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. Check with your recruiter for more information.
This role is reporting to our new Corporate Accounting Manager focusing on investments and new products.
Robinhood is looking for a skilled Senior Corporate Accountant to join our rapidly growing Accounting team. We are seeking driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities – a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team-player. This individual will need to be able to pick things up quickly and be able to meet deadlines with multiple tasks.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Analyze and explain monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuations and variances
- Compile account information and prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations
- Establish formal GL closing and other accounting process procedures
- Assist with compiling year-end external audit requests
- Research important accounting issues and suggest the best practices and applications in accordance with accounting standards
- Assist team with any ad hoc research, clean-up, reporting projects
- Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of total experience
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with system implementation (preferred)
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process (preferred)
- Experience with foreign entity accounting (preferred)
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $89000 - $105000
US Zone 2: $78000 - $92000
US Zone 3: $70000 - $82000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Something looks off?