Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
OPENGOV & SALE DEVELOPMENT
Providing special opportunities for
• Career Launches
• Fresh Starts
• Dream Chasers
"Success is not just about the destination, but the person you become along the way."
YES, at OpenGov we are aspirational. We believe in our continuous future and longevity to powering more effective and accountable government. We embrace the discomfort of growth, create opportunity in the market, and believe our individualistic potential as well as our customer's potential is limitless. We have accomplished feats never thought possible and our successes have been born from our big and growing aspirations.
OpenGov is the game-changing, cloud-based software company on a mission to revolutionize antiquated and disjointed government operations. “Mic drop.” The work we do is meaningful and makes an impact on the communities we live in! We're not your average company. We are setting the new benchmark for customer value and delight and are a vibrant and dynamic team of trailblazers, dedicated to empowering the public sector with cutting-edge solutions. Our modern approach transforms the way governments work, making them more efficient, transparent, and engaging for individuals like you.
As part of our SDR team, you won't just be achieving targets - you'll be part of a team that's shattering records, kicking down doors, and accelerating market change. In the past year, we've achieved record-breaking numbers, consistently exceeding our performance goals across the board. By joining us, you'll be part of a company that isn't just succeeding - it's thriving. Be at the forefront of our one-of-a-kind mission, master your sales talents, and use amazing tools like Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Outreach to reach out to potential customers and show them the value OpenGov brings.
• Are you ready to take action and make a “buzz”? Maybe this is your calling
• Are you interested in purpose-driven ventures that drive real change on a big scale? Maybe this is your stage.
• Do you value perspective, authenticity, a fun team, and receptive and approachable coaches? Maybe this is just your joyful road to financial happiness and lifelong learning.
• Are you interested in becoming the best version of yourself and achieving that potential you may have never seen possible? Find it here.
• Do you want to utilize your tech-savvy abilities, feel valued for your understanding of it and how it works, and help people all at the same time? We do too.
We have all the tools and insights to enable your success, including a best-in-class sales development academy that is set up to launch careers. We expect 60-70% of our Account Executive, Customer Success, and Sales Engineering roles to be filled by our SDR team. We truly have built one of the greatest SDR programs ever in SaaS and have headed it with Krystelle Asaker, aka Kiki. She is a truly amazing and progressive sales leader focused on driving her team’s personal growth and our diversity efforts across the company.
We are hiring immediately for several positions in downtown Boston and Tampa in a hybrid model. So when it all goes well, we want to fly you to our Mid Year Kickoff event in San Antonio,TX so you can meet all your amazing co-workers!
Come join us and help "raise the bar" in more than doubling our revenues in the next two years!
Sales Development Responsibilities:
• You'll embark on an onboarding process that will equip you with superpowers, including mastering the art of customer conversations, understanding how our products can improve lives and save governments money, overcoming objections like a pro, and gaining in-depth knowledge of our offerings based on the successful experiences of past SDRs.
• Be a prospecting powerhouse! Use your ninja-like skills to make strategic cold calls, craft compelling emails, and leverage social media to identify and connect with potential leads in the public sector.
• Master the art of communication! Engage with prospects as a growing pro, building authentic connections and showcasing how OpenGov's innovative solutions can solve their real-world challenges.
• Uncover hidden insights! Dive deep into research, uncovering the decision-makers and influencers within target accounts, and navigate complex organizational structures with ease.
• Supercharge collaboration! Partner with our rockstar Account Executives to create mind-blowing prospecting strategies, craft irresistible messages, and launch jaw-dropping campaigns.
• Become a record-breaking guru! Keep a meticulous record of your superhero prospecting activities and customer interactions in our cutting-edge CRM systems.
• Chase greatness! Exceed monthly and quarterly targets, channeling your inner superhero to generate a steady stream of qualified leads and appointment-setting triumphs.
• Stay ahead of the game! Embrace a learning mindset, constantly leveling up your product knowledge and staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends to dominate the sales battlefield.
Sales Development Qualifications:
• Ideally, you have 6 months to 3 years of experience working on a sales team, and if it was in a technology environment, that's even more impressive!
• You're not just good but you are charging towards greatness! Whether it's in B2B, SaaS, tech recruitment, finance, budgeting, or accounting, will make you an invaluable asset to our team.
• You've crushed targets, left them in your dust, and have a track record of quantifiable wins.
• You have confidence and pride in your ability to win hearts and have intelligent conversations with anyone over the phone. Your ability to influence and persuade is evident in your messaging and engagements.
• You're powered by ambition! Your drive to achieve goals and deliver exceptional customer experiences is second to none.
• If you've had prior experience with cold calling, have attended a sales Bootcamp, or are someone that chooses to pick up the phone and call people, that's a huge plus and will give you a head start in joining our heroic team.
• You've got a keen eye for tech tools! Familiarity with CRM systems (e.g., Salesforce) and sales prospecting tools gives you an edge, but if not, no worries—we'll help you level up!
• You're an individual with a mission! While knowledge of the public sector is cool, it's not a deal-breaker. What matters is your hunger to make a positive impact and shake up the government game.
• We'll need excellent references from you, so make sure they're recent and relevant to showcase your awesomeness.
Ready to join this phenomenal revolution? Apply now and help us keep to OpenGov growing, unique, and refreshingly spunky.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.