Staff Backend Engineer, Navigation
Doctor On Demand
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
About the role:
Our Product Engineering team collaborates closely with Product Management and Design to scale and strengthen experiences for all of our members. Our powerful healthcare navigation app includes personalized Provider matching, 24/7 Telemedicine+, Expert opinions on diagnoses and treatment plans, and medical claims advocacy.
We are looking for a Staff Engineer to join our growing Product Engineering team to help build a scalable system which serves millions of users. You will play a key role in redesigning our backends for scale and transforming our engineering operations. You will closely partner with our Product and Design teams on application design, user experience, developer workflows, deployment strategies, and testing of the native mobile applications.
You are excited about breaking ground on a brand new code base, being on a growing high performance team, collaborating on the standard of quality for mobile development, strategizing how we deliver impact for the business, and executing on the vision of world-class mobile applications.
- Make impactful decisions on the regular basis
- Rebuild key user flows by leveraging server driven experiences
- Work with front end engineers to remove complex business logic from the client and focus on creating magical experiences on the front-end
- Engage with other engineers in the organization to create a domain based architecture or other techniques to increase developer efficiency
- Influence and direct architectural decisions across multiple teams
- Execute on the most complex pieces and deliver high quality code which raises the standards of development, delivery, scale and operationality.
- Force multiplication and grow other individuals to become strong tech leads
- Bachelors or Masters in EE or CS, or relevant experience
- 8+ years of backend development
- Experience building scalable services
- Expert level in backend development design patterns
- Exceptional technical communication skills
- Obsessed by efficiency and building scalable technology
- Exceptional force multiplication and peer growth abilities
- Experience integrating and leveraging external services for purposes such as user analytics, feature flagging, and authentication
- Solid understanding of engineering operations for achieving high reliability, low latency systems
- Thorough understanding of GraphQL/Rest and application design
The United States new hire base salary target ranges for this full-time position are:
Zone A: 181,000 - 275,950 + equity + benefits
Zone B: 150,800 - 229,950 + equity + benefits
This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for candidates based on their respective Zone. Below is additional information on Included Health's commitment to maintaining transparent and equitable compensation practices across our distinct geographic zones.
Starting base salary for the successful candidate will depend on several job-related factors, unique to each candidate, which may include, but not limited to, education; training; skill set; years and depth of experience; certifications and licensure; business needs; internal peer equity; organizational considerations; and alignment with geographic and market data. Compensation structures and ranges are tailored to each zone's unique market conditions to ensure that all employees receive fair and competitive compensation based on their roles and locations. Your Recruiter can share details of your geographic alignment upon inquiry.
In addition to earning a base salary, this role is eligible for a performance-based bonus. Details of the Annual Bonus Plan, including performance metrics, target incentives, and potential earnings, will be discussed during the interview process.
In addition to receiving a competitive pay, the compensation package may include, depending on the role, the following:
401(k) savings plan through FidelityComprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage through multiple medical plan options (including disability insurance)
Full suite of Included Health telemedicine (e.g. behavioral health, urgent care, etc.) and health care navigation products and services offered at no cost for employees and dependents
Generous Paid Time Off ("PTO") and Discretionary Time Off (“DTO")
12 weeks of 100% Paid Parental leave
Up to $25,000 Fertility and Family Building Benefit Compassionate Leave (paid leave for employees who experience a failed pregnancy, surrogacy, adoption or fertility treatment)
11 Holidays Paid with one Floating Paid Holiday
Work-From-Home reimbursement to support team collaboration and effective home office work
24 hours of Paid Volunteer Time Off (“VTO”) Per Year to Volunteer with Charitable Organizations
Your recruiter will share more about the benefits package for your role during the hiring process.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.