Facilitator, Manager & Team Development - Tech
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Team You Will Join
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we work to achieve that mission, we’re building a world-class development program supporting our technical teams and leaders. We’re looking for exceptional and creative individuals inspired to deliver innovative learning experiences that have tremendous organizational impact.
About the Role
The Facilitator will play a key role in designing, delivering and ideating our Team Effectiveness initiatives and Tech Manager program. Our focus is on impact and experimentation, creating a world-class program that enables organizational excellence. We’re employing best practices from learning science while experimenting with techniques like experiential learning, project-based and cohort-based learning. As we implement and experiment we will evolve, fine-tune and determine how to scale. The ideal candidate is confident in their ability to develop scalable learning experiences that drive overall growth and development.
A Typical Day:
- Design learning experiences, facilitate workshops and offsites for both remote and in person audiences
- Develop curriculum and strategy for a team effectiveness and manager programs
- Collaborate with other Tech L&D team members on manager development programs and curriculum
- Create tools and resources, script and record content
- Facilitate learning experiences with innovation and creativity at the forefront
- Build trusted relationships with senior business leaders across multiple groups and geographies
- Partner with stakeholders, SMEs, senior leaders and external consultants
- Understand the context of our learners and design experiences that fit their needs
- Consider strategy for scaling learning outcomes and experiences across a global tech organization
- Collaborate closely with Tech L&D leadership to align with overall strategy\
- 10+ years of experience facilitating workshops, offsites and courses
- Exceptional facilitation skills and an ability to engage audiences in workshop and offsites both in person and virtually, synchronously and asynchronously
- Curriculum and program design experience, specifically designing Manager and Leadership programs for tech audiences
- Knowledge of team effectiveness research and strategies
- Track record of delivering unique and creative learning experiences that achieve outstanding learning outcomes
- Experience building trusted relationships with senior business leaders across multiple groups and geographies
- Data-driven approach to evaluating and measuring learning experiences
- Excellent communication skills, with experience marketing and branding learning initiatives
- Consultative and collaborative skills, comfort partnering with stakeholders, SMEs, senior leaders and external consultants
- Comfort with ambiguity, change and experimentation - a willingness to iterate
- Management experience - you know the job because you’ve done it yourself
- Strong understanding of Technology and Engineering organizations and how they operate
- Experience with learning certifications such as StrengthsFinder, Insights, DiSC, Situational Leadership etc is a plus
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant will need to be based in San Francisco, CA to be able to conduct their work. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware And Rhode Island. This list is continuously being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.