Manager, Field Operations
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The Hosting Geos Team ensures that Airbnb is locally relevant and serves the needs of our global hosts and guests, helping regions more efficiently plan and execute growth strategies across Hosting in a way that will resonate with our communities.
The Difference You will Make:
In this position you will lead a team of market managers and be responsible for the end-to-end strategy for supply acquisition, host quality, account management and optimization in the assigned markets. This role will cover Brazil and Spanish South America.
A Typical Day:
- Motivate and lead a team of Market Managers who are responsible for maximizing partner relationships with Airbnb Homes Hosts, with the goal of maximizing KPIs and business performance. Guide the Market Managers on territory and local strategies in their assigned geos focused on supply optimization and supply acquisition
- Proactively design, set, execute, report and iterate on targeted in-territory supply strategy and tactics
- Partner with the Hosting Geos leadership and other teams within Airbnb to drive cross-functional business initiatives
- Own and drive accountability for the business performance of the assigned territory, by meeting or exceeding revenue goals, bringing on new quality partners, upselling existing partners, driving up supply business KPIs, along with measuring partner engagement and performance
- Own supply acquisition and optimization key results and accurate forecasts
- Partner with counterparts in other offices around the world to share strategic insights and collaborate on global & cross-functional initiatives
- Drive scalable and attributable levers to reach objectives and key results in the territory
- Complete quarterly forecasting, planning and reporting sessions, with the support of the Country Manager, Brazil and Spanish South America
- Identify key barriers, levers, market shifts and trends, and provide solutions to overcome them
- Coach team members to achieve their maximum potential in their current role while developing them for future roles within the organization
- Proactively develops and leads innovative cross functional initiatives that drive regional impact and can be rolled out to other teams globally
- 10+ years of relevant global operations experience with at least 3+ years in a management role managing teams.
- A bold and compassionate leader with a proven ability to grow, develop and scale high performing teams.
- Serves as a go-to for team members when they have questions and provide clear direction, business coaching, and ongoing training.
- Can leverage data to propose new business opportunities for the larger team and a strategic portfolio across distinct and varying market stages. Ability to influence product, policy, and other cross functional stakeholders to attain new revenue streams for direct team or region.
- Can lead training series.
- Ability to leverage tools to understand how larger businesses and other individuals are performing.
- Expertise in achieving strong results managing through others
- Ability to successfully and confidently performance manage team members
- Knows how to create a positive and driven team culture
- Considered an expert in the assigned territory.
- Shares learnings and independently influences cross functional partners to support relevant goals
- Ability to organize, lead and execute on a variety of assignments and action plans
- Previous relevant experience in growing supply and working with Community groups
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.