Senior Software Engineer, Application Security
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb is built on trust. The Application Security program works hard to keep the data of millions of users secured and protected in our platform while they explore the world.
The Difference You Will Make:
We are looking for people who want to make the Airbnb platform and customer data safer for millions of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is motivated to craft solutions that build security into the software development process while keeping our developers productive.
In this role, you will work closely with security and product engineers to identify areas of risk and design solutions that address classes of security vulnerabilities. Your projects will enable Airbnb’s engineers to write software that is secure by default.
A Typical Day:
Here are a few things you’ll do in this role:
- Design and implement software (this is a hands-on role!)
- Work closely with security engineers to identify and understand areas of security risk in Airbnb products.
- Collaborate with product and infrastructure engineers to build performant, developer-friendly solutions that build security into developer tools, libraries, and frameworks.
- Develop automated security tooling that detects and prevents classes of security issues.
- Partner with engineering teams to build product-specific security features.
- Build automation to verify that deployed software meets security requirements.
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us. If a subset of these things apply to you, please consider applying. We are looking to build a team of both specialists in security and generalists in software engineering.
- 5+ years of software development or job related work experience.
- Significant experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Kotlin, Java, Python.
- Experience with mobile or web application security is a plus
- Experience with static or dynamic analysis is a plus
- Experience building secure-by-default libraries or frameworks is a plus
- Experience building developer tools and infrastructure is a plus
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.