Global Security Operations Center and Systems Manager
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The mission of the Airbnb Global Safety and Security (GSS) team is to foster a safe, secure, and healthy workplace to enable our employee community to focus on creating a world where anyone can belong anywhere. The Global Security Operations Center and Systems Manager will lead the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) on-site in San Francisco, provide strategic oversight for Airbnb’s Special Operations Centers (SOCs) based in APAC and EMEA, and be responsible for all global safety and security technology systems.
The Difference You Will Make:
The GSOC and Systems Manager will be a senior role within the GSS team and will report directly to the Director, Global Corporate Security. This role is critical for keeping our about 7,000 Airbnb employees and 25 global offices safe while contributing to and protecting Airbnb’s company culture.
The scope of this role includes building Airbnb’s GSOC into a world-class operations center that can robustly support several Airbnb GSS programs including Global Corporate Security; Global Environmental Health and Safety; Executive Protection; Global Threat Assessment; , Global Security Intelligence; Insider Risk Prevention Global; Travel Risk Management and Special Security Events. In addition, this role will lead GSS’s response to all major safety and security incidents and crisis events that affect Airbnb employees and workplace operations.
A Typical Day:
- Develop a holistic and comprehensive GSOC strategy as well as tactical operations plans, to include GSOC policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with Airbnb and international standards.
- Identify, assess and craft a cohesive and efficient response to global safety and security incidents and threats.
- Facilitate enterprise-wide crisis management protocols and response to significant events.
- Provide situational awareness and travel security support for Airbnb employees during incidents and emergency events.
- Provide situational awareness of global geopolitical and security risks to stakeholders and leadership that may impact Airbnb employees and business operations
- Support physical security threat monitoring and threat investigation as needed.
- Manage physical security workforce, access control, surveillance and other solutions to ensure the safety and security of Airbnb employees and facilities.
- Determine GSOC staffing requirements and guide recruiting, hiring, training, development, and retention of highly qualified team members.
- Provide strong and consistent leadership to the GSOC team and help set team goals and priorities.
- Manage the Global and Systems Program Manager and identify technology improvements to benefit the corporate security program.
- 10+ years experience managing global safety and security operations in roles with increasing responsibility and strategic leadership.
- Minimum of seven years leading geographically dispersed team members.
- Minimum of five years experience in emergency and crisis management.
- Relevant work experience in technology companies highly preferred but not required
- Sound judgment and ability to work independently with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Talent building effective partnerships and working collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Solid understanding of physical and reputational risk factors and methods for mitigating such risk.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to competently juggle numerous competing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience managing subordinate, subcontractor, or vendor security integrator support to include all aspects of project planning, scheduling, subcontract scope definition and management.
- An acute sense of discretion and ability to manage highly confidential information.
- Strong fiscal discipline and ability to expertly manage large budgets.
- Highly adaptable and flexible.
- A positive attitude and hunger for learning and growth.
- Creative and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrated commitment to Airbnb’s core values.
- Preferred Skills:
- Membership in ASIS International and OSAC.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant will need to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area to be able to conduct their work. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware And Rhode Island. This list is continuously being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.