Senior Software Engineer, Dev Tools
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Difference You Will Make:
Dev Infra’s mission is to enable Airbnb developers to develop, merge and release high quality code quickly and reliably. This team works on infrastructure that enable Airbnb developers to be productive across all stages of the software development lifecycle.
Developer Environments and Tooling: This team is responsible for building infrastructure that enables high velocity local development at Airbnb. This includes things like: fast builds, responsive IDEs, environments to enable E2E testing, source code search tooling etc. A big focus of this team is to supercharge productivity by moving all development away from local laptops to developer workspaces in the cloud.
A Typical Day:
This engineer on Dev Infra, you will work on technologies that help shape an industry-leading end to end developer experience. In this role you will be:
- Responsible for building the technical strategy and evolving Airbnb’s developer infrastructure that directly moves our core metrics (Developer Experience, Developer Velocity, Debuggability, Resilience and Reliability) while reducing cost.
- Partnering with engineering leaders across all Airbnb teams for adoption of the new capabilities. Your customers will be all engineers at Airbnb.
- a player/coach of our high-performance team to ensure code quality, commitment to craft and operational excellence
- 5+ years of industry experience with Bachelors/Masters OR 2+ years industry experience with PhD
- Want to tackle projects with large open-ended scope and drive significant business impact
- Love collaborating via product reviews, code reviews and architecture discussions
- Are motivated to improve their teammates’ productivity
- Are excited to join an impactful infrastructure team
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay for this role is between $185,000 - $221,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.