Manager, Product Insights Analyst
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The Frontline Insights and Execution (FIX) team’s mission at Airbnb is to represent the voice of our Airbnb community by uncovering insights that drive an outstanding customer experience through product, process, and policy improvements.
The Difference You Will Make:
Our team of Product Insights Analysts (PIA) contribute to this mission through performing qualitative and quantitative analysis of Community Support (CS) contact data and other inbound feedback channels to develop robust, rigorous, and actionable insights. PIAs leverage their product and industry knowledge, analytical skills, and prioritization and storytelling abilities to influence product and policy teams to take action and make more informed decisions that improve the customer experience.
As a manager of a team of Product Insights Analysts you develop strategies that align your team with the priorities of the business, motivate your team by helping them understand the impact of their work, and amplify the work of your team to ensure it’s landing in all the right places so that we can make smarter decisions as a company.
A Typical Day:
- Manage, coach, and mentor an analytical, insights-focused team of Product Insights Analysts, working on complex tasks and product surfaces across the Airbnb business
- You and your team are accountable for delivering the following work which includes (but is not limited to):
- Analyzing frontline feedback to understand customer pain points throughout the Host and Guest journey
- Making recommendations for product, policy, process, and operational improvements to address customer pain points
- Tracking and sizing the potential impact of opportunities surfaced by the team
- Working with product teams to influence and incorporate customer-centric recommendations into roadmaps and throughout the development process for specific projects
- Communicating wins and learnings, and elevating trade offs to leadership teams
- Lead cross-functional projects for company releases or other company priorities.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders in Product, CS, Research, Advanced Analytics, Data Science and other functions to develop and execute a strategy for your team that advance the priorities of the FIX team as well as the priorities of the broader business
- Provide inspiring vision and leadership for your team to set priorities, scale for growth and elevate the overall impact of the team.
- Grow the talent on your team through performance management and career development plans
- Demonstrate and role model our core values
- 8+ years experience in a Product Insights, Research, Operations/Customer or Product Support related role or similar, relevant work experience
- 5+ years people management experience within a product insights analyst, product specialist, product support, or similar, relevant work experience
- Experience coaching and developing a team of direct reports
- Strong communication, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to manage relationships and influence across functions/disciplines
- Strong communication skills with matrixed organizations like CS, Product, and Design orgs, switching contexts easily, always keeping your audience in mind
- Flexible and effective with changes in priorities and ambiguity, adapting planning and setting priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from a wide variety of inputs
- Knowledge of the products we offer, bonus experience as a Host
- Experience working with international and multicultural geographically dispersed teams
- Experience with SQL and routine querying
- Experience with R is a bonus
- Experience managing projects involving cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Travel may be required as needed
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?