Engineering Manager, Hosting Services
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
We are building a new set of tools to make it easier for people to host on Airbnb. Our team focuses specifically on co-hosting and ways to make it easier for people to host together as a team. As part of the team and in collaboration with engineering teams based in San Francisco, you will focus on taking this project global.
The Difference You Will Make:
As the Engineering Manager, Hosting Services, you’ll lead a team of talented, diverse software developers to operate and improve our hosting services and co-hosting platform and build the groundwork for additional Airbnb architecture and features. This will include day-to-day operations, technical deep dives, community engagement, and strategic planning. You will work closely with your peers across the Booking, Payments, and Trust orgs.
Our engineering managers are responsible for creating the vision and then delivering a solution that is flexible, always available, efficient, and scales with the needs of the business. Each manager brings their own unique skill set, experiences, thought leadership and technical expertise to solve these technical challenges for Airbnb.
A Typical Day:
- Lead the organizational and technical direction of our current and future reservation system infrastructure.
- Lead a robust team by attracting top talent, mentoring individuals and managing conflict.
- Nurture a culture of technical quality from design, through code review, to production.
- Collaborate with internal teams across Bookings, Payments and Trust to gain agreement by developing and communicating a clear and impactful vision and priorities for the team.
- Carefully plan, track, and report on work of the team, identifying problems early.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience, with 9+ years of relevant software development industry experience in a fast paced tech environment.
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and with teams across the engineering organization
- You are a strong problem solver and have led a team that is on-call for production systems before.
- You are passionate about efficiency, availability, technical quality and system quality.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
Something looks off?