Sr Cloud Engineer, Collaboration Products
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join
The world is changing how it works — it’s moving towards more flexibility for where people can do their jobs. Airbnb has already shown that we can accomplish a lot remotely. Together, we navigated a pandemic, rebuilt our company from the ground up, had a successful IPO, and made 150 upgrades to our product, all over Zoom. All of which made us question some of the things we took for granted in the past. Do we really need to be in an office five days a week? How else can we spend our commute time? Where do we want to live if we don’t need to live by our job?
The days of the best talent flocking to a handful of major cities are over. Limiting your talent pool to a commuting radius around a physical office will put companies at a significant disadvantage. The best people in the world will live everywhere, not concentrated in one area. Companies that recruit from different communities will also be the most diverse companies. And the more flexible a company is, the more it will allow each person to create the right conditions for their own life.
The Collaboration Products team is responsible for managing the tech stack and ecosystem of our core collaboration technologies for Airbnb employees across the globe. Our mission is to deliver a streamlined, cloud-based collaboration tech stack that enables our collaboration capabilities for Airbnb teams so that we can collaborate effectively as we live and work anywhere in the world. Our team is organized into four pods: Project and Portfolio Mgmt, Service Mgmt, Visualizations and Connections.
The difference you will make
The Senior Cloud Engineer for Collaboration Products will serve as the team’s technical leader continuously discovering, managing, optimizing, automating, integrating, protecting and governing adoption across the collaboration products tech stack. A successful Senior Cloud Engineer will utilize their hands-on integration experience to deliver a smoother, more integrated and efficient user experience across our collaboration tech stack and beyond. To accomplish this the Senior Cloud Engineer will possess a natural curiosity and strong analytical skills useful for solving complex problems, complemented by collaboration and communication skills as well as the ability to establish strong relationships across BizTech, Security, Procurement and business stakeholders.
A Typical Day
- Technical leadership for collaboration tech stack and ecosystem
- Application selection, configuration, customization, deployment, access management, maintenance and partnering with Global Operations for on-going operations
- Achieving alignment to business requirements and influencing vendor product roadmaps; in partnership with Sr Product Manager
- Creating and executing on a cross-application integration roadmap
- Assess requests for new applications in partnership with Software Review Committee
- Partnering with the Business Intelligence team to feed data into central reporting dashboards
- Technical design across collaboration technologies
- Detail out technology solutions via High Level Design and Functional Requirements artifacts; support with development and test strategies
- Sequence deliverables for optimization and efficiency
- Implement technical solutions improving on current standards, as needed
- Coach engineers to resolve technical challenges, deliver prototypes as needed
- 5-9+ years of industry experience with a BS/Masters or 2+ years with a PhD, as an in-house or consulting Engineer in an enterprise cloud environment
- 3+ years of experience with cloud application management and/or administration
- Hands-on coding, automation and scripting experience with JSON, REST APIs, Java, Groovy, Python among others; Mulesoft or Tray.io or experience with other integration tools is a plus
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing integrations for cloud based applications
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?